As Principal I am honoured to welcome you to North Durham Academy. Our academy is a highly ambitious, caring and supportive place to both learn and work. I feel strongly that the local community should be proud of the work we do with our wonderful students. We currently have over 1000 students in years 7 to 10 and are growing.
At North Durham Academy We are openly focused on the educational outcomes of our students and firmly believe that placing the student at the centre of everything we do will ensure that they leave with both the best possible grades and having had the best possible experiences throughout their time with us.
In order to realise this, we work with our vision in mind at all times:
“For all students and staff to want to learn and work at a good school; and for all parents/carers from our community to want to send their children to a good school.”
There are a number of key principles that underpin the vision, which are:
- Outstanding care for each and every individual
- A relentless drive and focus to ensure that each and every student achieves their true potential
- A focus on the quality of education and on high standards
- A broad and balanced curriculum
- A range of in-school and extra-curricular experiences to prepare our students for life in modern society
- Superb facilities which support and enhance learning at all levels including achievement and engagement
Choosing the right secondary school for your child is a key decision. I welcome you to visit our academy to see students and staff at work. Please feel free to make an appointment with the academy office and come for a tour with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Students, staff, parents and governors are proud to be part of the North Durham Academy family. I hope you will join our rapidly increasing community and I look forward to working with you to ensure that we achieve the very best for your child.
Mark Gray, Principal