Attitude to Learning
All Students are expected to:
- be the best they can possibly be
- comply with the procedures and expectations set out in the academy Climate & Attitudes for Learning Policy;
- treat others with respect and consideration at all times; and
- follow the academy 5 Ps: Prompt; Prepared; Polite; Participate and Persevere, i.e. LEARN@NDA
Student Rewards & Sanctions
- A wide range of strategies are in place to supports students when they make the correct choices or the wrong ones. Each level builds upon the previous actions and is intended to be a ‘stepped’ approach. Staff and students must be aware of their roles and responsibilities at each level of the system, for further information please read the Climate and Attitude to Learning Policy or click on the Climate & Attitude to Learning Pyramid above.
The ‘LEARN@NDA’ framework represents the five principles which underpin our Climate and Attitudes for Learning in the academy. All students and staff are expected to adhere to it.
The ‘LEARN@NDA’ framework represents the five principles which underpin our Climate and Attitudes to Learning in the academy. All students and staff are expected to adhere to it.
Prompt students are:
- On time to the academy.
- On time to lessons.
- On time to Tutorial and assembly.
- Quick to settle down to learning.
Prepared students are:
- Dressed to learn (uniform & appearance).
- Equipped to learn (study pack).
- Ready to take risks with their learning.
- Willing to ask and answer searching questions
- Respect each other and staff.
- Follow instructions first time.
- Are courteous to staff and students.
- Speak in turn.
- Listen carefully when others speak.
- Think before they say something.
- Do not chew anywhere in the academy.
- Adhere to the mobile phone policy.
Students who participate in learning:
- Challenge themselves to become better learners.
- Complete their work to the best of their ability.
- Always respond to feedback from staff.
- Contribute to their own and others’ learning.
- Take advantage of the opportunities in the academy.
- Take an active role in the life of the academy.
Students who persevere:
- Never give up until the job is done.
- Never settle for second best and constantly strive to better their work.
- See a challenge as something which is to be overcome not an excuse to not do something.
All students are issued with a Study Pack containing all of the basic equipment needed for Beautiful Books. Students must have their study packs on their desks in every lesson and tutorial. Students can buy replacement items from their Year Manager, Student Services and the LRC. Alternatively there is a student stall in the restaurant at the start of every day, break and lunchtime.